Thursday, February 18, 2010

Friday 2-19 Mandee @ Little E's w/ Miguel "Cha" Sague III, Colter Harper, Tony DePaolis & Gena!!

You heard right, tomorrow night at Little E's Jazz Club (or tonight if you read this on Friday) I am singing my debut at Little E's Jazz Club, 949 Liberty Ave , downtown Pittsburgh, PA, upstairs above Mahoney's, right next door to the gigantic James Simon bronze sculptures of a guitarist, an accordionist and a dog, across from the August Wilson Center.

No cover! ($10 minimum for food and or drinks) Great menu, and wonderful music! I know the weather has been beating us all super hard, please come out and let me sing to you. Don't just let me sing to you, let me sing to you with some of my favorite Pittsburgh singers! I promise 3 part harmony with conga master Miguel "Cha" Sague of Guaracha Latin Dance Band and with the beautiful Gena of Machete and also Latin Dance Orchestra! I also have many new tunes I have been writing as well as the old classics that allow me to barely hold onto my self definition as a "jazz" singer.... Joining us is the phenomenal Colter Harper on guitar and after his sets at the Phyllis Hyman tribute show at the August Wilson Center Mr Tony DePaolis will bring over the bass. Rumor has it Reggie Watkins is in town, fresh from recording with Grooveline Horns and touring with Jason Mraz and may bring the trombone over for a couple tunes and mayhap Mr Sague (father of Cha and former bandleader of Guaracha) may sit in as well..... Please come out for a wonderful night of music, it's on a friday, downtown, no cover, I don't know what else I can say to entice you.
http://www.littleesjazz.com/
 
 Photo above features me with Ketabu, Gena and Cha (that's Assante in the background) at the Haiti benefit we did a couple weeks ago at Shadow Lounge,  that was when I decided I wanted to sing with these two incredibly talented performers. 

 And then next Tues Feb 23 , 2010 I am heading to New York to sing with Kenny Peagler! Neke Carson and Michael Wiener are presenting me at the Gershwin Hotel! I am so excited, I haven't seen Kenny in forever, for those of you who have my cd, he is the incredibly gifted pianist featured on the title track "Torch of Blue" (for those of you who don't , what are you waiting for? http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/phatmandee ) He is a graduate of the New England Conservatory of Music and toured Italy last year as musical director for a gospel choir. And he is one of Pittsburgh's brightest gifts to the musical world , in my humble opinion...... 

To elucidate, Neke Carson and Michael Wiener present shall Phat Man Dee to sing at the Gershwin Hotel as accompanied by pianist Kenny Peagler on Tues Feb 23, 2010.
Showtime 8 pm, $10 at door.
7 E 27th St, between 5th and Madison.
http://www.gershwinhotel.com/

Video of me with Tony DePaolis and Mike Murray at The Gershwin Hotel in December of 2008:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9JFIp8bHpY

No comments: