Friday, April 30, 2010

Little E's, Backstage Bar and Salsita!

I hope you have one of those devices that lets you reads email and
blog posts as they occur. I do. It's a mixed blessing, because while I
am able to keep up, sometimes keeping up with the digital minutia of
my life becomes far too much for me. I long for the days of rotary
phones and messages which, if returned within a week were considered
returned in a timely fashion, where business didn't occur on a nano
second by nano second basis....
And then I wake up and realize that with out this tech and
communication I and other artists I adore would not have the
opportunities we do as a direct result of living in the future, but
sometimes it freaks me out and I go into cyber hiding. I don't
actually hermitize, you see, I hermitize by not getting on the
computer and actually walking around my neighborhood and saying hi to
people in person. But then 20 voicemails and thousands of emails later
I wake up and say, "Holy mother of goodness I have a big show tonight
and unless they walked past a posted bill that either I or Vinni put
up no one knows about it! "
 So, hence my hope that you get this email within seconds of my sending it and you have the evening clear and would like to hear me tonight as I sing with Colter Harper , Tony DePaolis and Miguel Sague III.
We're at Little E's Jazz Club tonight April 30, 2010, from 8 pm to about 11. No cover, $10 minimum for food or beverage. Sweet little club, lovely staff, great food. And this is my last gig with Tony DePaolis before he leaves us to join the Joy Ellis trio as they sail
around the Mediterranean on a cruise ship.
http://www.littleesjazz.com/
FB event page

And tomorrow I have 2 gigs that I am hoping you may be able to attend if tonight is not on your radar!

May 1, 2010
5- 7 pm Backstage Bar! 655 Penn Ave from with Colter Harper and Miguel Sague III. Free, no cover. Enjoy a nice early evening hit to help your weekend get into gear!

Later that same evening, also May 1, join Miguel and I as we head over to Salsita!
A benefit for the Spanish language school.
8 -11 pm, at the Grey Box Theater, 3595 Butler St, in Lawrenceville. $35, tapas, sangria y salsa!
I am emceeing and singing a couple tunes. Live Latin Band Noel Quintana's Latin Crew, Local DJ, Dance tips for beginners and experts from Salsa Pittsburgh, our annual Silent auction, Salsa tasting Competition, Loco Sombrero Photo Booth. Handcrafted Tapas & Artisan
Drinks! Details and tickets available on-line!

After this I will be planning for Pop Up Pittsburgh, a party/ festival in my neighborhood on May 15 and on May 16 we are doing a big benefit at the Shadow Lounge for Climate Ground Zero, to help their efforts in fighting mountain top blast mining for coal by Massie Mining Group in West Virgina, with Machete, Typewriter Girls, Miguel Sague Jr and son, myself and much more.
For more info check the facebook event page!

I hope you have a beautiful day in Pittsburgh, PA, and I hope I can be
part of it. I am busy booking my summer festival schedule, so if you
have an event you would like me to bring some music to, please ask,
especially if it pays, I am putting my pennies together for another
album and everything I make goes towards helping me do this again.

May the Gods and Goddesses of your household bless you and those
around you,
Mandee

No comments: