Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Phat Man Dee w/ Rusted Root and Bushwalla!



Friends, last week I suggested Spring was about to be sprung, and for our wonderful show with Coyote Run and it seemed that I was right, of course once they took their magical gaelic goodness away, the green and warm weather seemed to follow them, but they were not the only trick up my phat little sleeve! If you came to that show, I thank you for your attendance, and we had a wonderful night didn't we??? When they broke out into "Whalesong" in 4 part harmony with the didgeridoo I thought I'd lose it.... and if you'd told me 5 years ago I'd be singing Stevie Nicks and Tears for Fears songs as well as Irish rebel songs with Terry Griffith on a stage in front of people I'd have called you slightly tetched..... But miracles do happen and wishes do come true. Last week's gigs and this coming week of gigs is proof of that.

Friday March 11, 2011
I am singing as guests load onto the Gateway Clipper for a cruise with Rusted Root! It will be lovely, I'm singing with Colter Harper and Miguel Sague III, just a short set, but I've been listening to Root for so many years and this is something I have always wanted to be part of.

*NOTE*
I am *ONLY* singing as people are loading on, from 7:30 - 7:55 p.m., and though I am making a brief cameo appearance with Rusted Root during their set, if you wish to see me with guitarist Colter Harper and percussionist Miguel Sague III then you must be early and on the boat by 7 p.m.. Once the boat departs there is another opening band "Bear Cub" and though I have heard good things about them, I've never heard them personally.

Details:
This Friday Mar 11, 2011 at 7 p.m., 21 and over
Begin boarding the Gateway Clipper at the dock at Station Square in Pittsburgh, PA
Phone: 412-355-7980
Buy Tickets online for $25, show is 21 and over:
http://www.gatewayclipper.com/cruise_detail.asp
More info:
http://www.druskyentertainment.com/calendar.php?venue=Gateway%20Clipper

And this impending St Patrick's Day
Thursday Mar 17, 2011
Last year I had the good fortune to see my friend and a previous companion in music, Mr Reggie Watkins, play his trombone with Jason Mraz here in Pittsburgh. I love and miss Reggie, he played on my debut album "Life Just Goes On".

Anyhoo, the emcee for this event was a hilarious performer named Bushwalla. and he's an entertainer after my own heart. We both have Reggie in common, we're both circus sideshow freaks and geeks from the old school, and we both love to make people happy with our music. His medium is hip hop, and his rhymes are edgy and somehow poignant, I cannot wait to hear his music live and in person on Carson Street and at the Smiling Moose! I hope you come the other opening act will be the Caleb Lovely Band.
Details:
Thursday Mar 17, 2011 at the Smiling Moose
1306 E Carson St, South Side, Pittsburgh, PA 15203
7 p.m., all ages, $10
For info on this show CLICK HERE 

I hope to see you at one or both of these shows, gigs like this don't come around every day. Until then, for your viewing pleasure, in late 2009 I worked with a pretty interesting photographer, Matt Hoyle, while he was shooting images of circus people. He's from Australia and lives in NYC. Last year he did a talk in Dubai at a TED X event, his talk was called "Perfect Imperfection" and he interviewed me and showed my picture and let me speak about beauty to all these people. It's pretty cool.

TEDxDubai 2010| Matt Hoyle from Giorgio Ungania on Vimeo.
The video is online at: http://vimeo.com/19071450

Safe travels, please come out to the gig!
Mandee

No comments: