Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Ghost Stories & Gospel!

Hey friends! What an emotional and charged week we are having! I don't know about you, but I for one am quite concerned about the future of our nation and the world in general.... but the show must go on!

I wanted to remind you of some wonderful events happening in the next couple weeks, I would love to see your beautiful faces at one of our shows.

This Thursday October 25, Friday October 26 and Saturday Oct 27 and next week on Friday November 2 and Saturday November 3, 2012
All shows at 9 pm.
I am appearing as the musical guest in Bricolage Theater Company's production of "Mignight Radio - Pittsburgh Ghost Stories"

Midnight Radio is a raucous live comedy series in the style of classic 1940s radio broadcasts, featuring suspenseful action thrillers, vintage sound effects, musical guests, fake breaking news, commercial spoofs, and more.
General admission $25 | Students & Seniors $15

Celebrate Halloween with this macabre installment of Midnight Radio. What does it mean to be haunted? Thomas Brinkman, a data analyst at a local university, is getting pressure from his fiancee to set a date for their wedding. When, on a lark one night, he takes an unusual field trip, he discovers he may possess a special ability that will alter the course of their lives forever.  Is it a gift or is it a curse?
Join us for: The Haunted, an original radio play written by Bricolage’s own Jeffrey Carpenter and writer Matthew Adams based on true Pittsburgh accounts.
But be warned: you may have to sleep with the lights on after this one! The theater is located at : 937 Liberty Avenue, 1st floor, Pittsburgh, PA 15222 and tickets are available at https://bricolagepgh.secure.force.com/ticket
Facebook event page: http://www.facebook.com/events/483181955056028/

Also this week! For one night and one night only! 

On Friday Oct 27, 2012 at 7 pm, I am singing "Joshua Fought the Battle of Jericho" at a concert organized by Reverend Deryck Tines honoring the life of Mahalia Jackson.
We are performing on her birthday and the other singers include:
Deborah Moncrief, Zanetta Wingfield, Marlene Davis, Sonya Carter,Twyla Glasgow, Barbara Price, Helen Jackson, Jen Saffron, Karen Rice, Rose Johnson Thompson, Pamela Johnson, Bernice Wilkerson, Katy Cotton, Adelle Mcclean, Diane Hobson, Brenda Collins, Yolanda Rodgers Howsie, Kim Lankford, Cheryl El Walker, Deborah Hollis, and the Pittsburgh Seniors Gospel Choir will also be debuted. Music provided by Deryck Tines Group.
 

Tickets are only $20 and can be purchased at the door of Ebeneezer Baptist Church 2001 Wylie Ave, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15219


Facebook event page: http://www.facebook.com/events/421872351195941/
If you cannot attend the concert because you are home bound or not in the Pittsburgh area you can tune in to the live video internet feed by clicking on http://www.tinyurl.com/onepgh at 7 pm EST and watching it live on the internet. Streaming provided by Don Carpenter of Rustbelt Radio.

So friends, I know it's a hard world out there, but I hope you vote for whom you believe in. I am casting my vote for Obama. I believe in him and while I am not thrilled with everything he does, I believe he means what he says and he is doing the best he can in the mess he was left to deal with. I love my country and I love democracy and as cynical as I feel about it all I remember the old song "We Will Overcome, We Are Not Afraid, We'll Walk Hand in Hand and We Are Not Alone Today" I learned how to play it on my cello today and it gave me a measure of peace. If my opinions offend you, I am sorry, but change is upon us and when I die and I look back on my life I don't want to say to myself "Well, you could have spoken your mind, and you might have made a difference, but it's for the best you didn't, because if you had, you might have angered a fan......" I guess, what I mean to say is, I love my fans and I appreciate you deeply, and if you appreciate me in turn, you will understand that I make my music not in a vacuum, not in a void, separate from the world in which I live. If you don't, well, I don't understand why you're on this list.

Love, light and let's work together for a brighter future,
Mandee

No comments: