Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Psychedelic haunted maze, World Premiere Video debut!!

Hello friends,
I hope your fall is progressing in a fashion not unlike the falling leaves, bursts of brilliant of colors, beauty, a crisp clarity and then chaotic falling so that the new growth can appear when waiting is fulfilled come next Spring! Things are changing, if I have learned one thing on this earth, everything changes and it can be good and it can be bad and sometimes you can't tell immediately which is which.... but we are here and we are doing the best we can. We’re all working every day to speak life into the world with our words and deeds. My words and deeds have led me to some incredibly exciting experiences these past few weeks. I have met my childhood heroes and found them more human than I expected. I have made music with geniuses and fools and found something sacred in all of it. I am working on a new song right now, it goes "I never belonged anywhere and so I went everywhere - And everywhere I took my temple with me". If you would like to worship with me in the ways of my people (which can include is not limited to music, sideshow marvelry and psychedelic blinky monster mazes) please check out the 2 really exciting shows I have this month!!

This Friday October 16, I am at at a new venue in Lawrenceville called “Spirit” with my old friends David Apocalypse, Andrew the Impaled and his new apprentice, Fangs the Clown! They have formed a new group to help create madness and mayhem through the mediums of sideshow and music called “Stranger Dangerous Sideshow”! Here is a picture of the maze, I can’t wait to see it and sing for the nice people who come to it! My sweet husband tommy Amoeba will be playing the following Friday on Oct 23 with Amoeba Knievel!!!
spirit_maze_2015.jpg

The other show I am totally stoked about is the Creative.Life Support Revival I will be doing at Mr Smalls theater on Wednesday October 28, 2015!
phatmandeerevivalflyer-01.jpg
We are presenting a  World Premiere of Video Shorts by "Take it to the Bridge with Phat Man Dee" We are going to show some of the videos we have edited so far from the hundreds of hours of footage we shot of my musical collaborations in Europe. We are very lucky to have my friend Moe Seager, an American jazz poet who lives in Paris, we shot video together on a bridge over Canal St. Martin, join us for a set, as well as my friend Maria Hamer’s Level One Bellydance students. Maria and her sister Christine Andrews both appeared in my very first Take It to the Bridge video before I departed on the journey. My friend and videographer who accompanied me on this journey will also be performing a number, Smokin’ McQueen!
Mr. Smalls is located at 400 Lincoln Ave, Millvale, PA! Please register for your free ticket online: http://www.ticketfly.com/event/974943 The show is free, but if you register for and redeem the ticket your request online, the act you register for will get $1 from the club. More info about how the CLS Revival series works in great article by Pittsburgh City Paper: http://www.pghcitypaper.com/pittsburgh/revival-series-fill-mr-smalls-with-local-bands-for-free/Content?oid=1604655&fb_action_ids=10200220843869513&fb_action_types=og.likes&fb_source=aggregation&fb_aggregation_id=288381481237582
I did my video internship at Mr Smalls through the Creative.Life.Support program and I am really excited to be bringin the work “home” so to speak. Hope to see you there for an evening of wonderful performances and video of the journey you all helped me make!!

Please make some time for me to adore you in person. I hope to see you. If you cannot make it, know all my music is online and anything you get helps me make the next thing…..

Thank you for being in my world and thank you for allowing me into yours,
Mandee

No comments: