Wednesday, May 27, 2009

in New York, have many shows....

Long time no post... what can I say, I have been bopping hither, thither, and yon all month, I think I had one weekend home this month..... I have been gigging coast to coast, here are some pictures from my last trip to California, there I met with Mark Nichols and Dana Harrison about the opera with whom I am singing this fall, and I saw our own Zafira Dancers in Sebastopol, CA at Tribal Fest, and my friend Rick McKinney, author of Dead Man Hike No Trails, took me on his boat and then I went to SF Music Tech Summit 2009 where I got to meet the guy who runs the company which presses my albums.....

Check out some of my photos:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/phatmandee/sets/72157618443493503/
Also another nice set of photos by Taboo Media of a show I did with the Boiler Bar 2 weeks before that:
http://taboomedia.smugmug.com/gallery/8296794_ozy4j#543301684_dJWQ6


That said if I have been lax in in promoting my current gigs, please forgive, and come out anyways....
Tonight May 27, 2009
Live and in person! Tommy Amoeba and I are visiting Sharon Mama Spell, at this very moment she is making popcorn for the Shrink mix for tonight's show:

Shrink @ Otto's Shrunken Head
538 East 14th Street, New York City, 10009 (Between A & B. Take the L to 1st Avenue)
Stand-Up Comedy Variety Show. "When you Shrink, you come closer together."

Guest Host: Emmy Rivera
With Special Guest Sound Tech by DJ Welly Wells
Featuring: Nick Zimmerman, soce the elemental wizard, Brian Longwell, Evan Morgenstern, Fariaz, and with other special guests Phat Man Dee & Tommy Amoeba.

Free. 8-9:30 pm. 212-228-2240

21+, Cash Only. Otto's happy hour ends at 8 pm, so join us before the show starts for: 2 for 1 Bud / Bud Light and well drinks, $1 off everything else (which means $2 PBR!).

We provide Shrinx Mix, and feel free to bring your own snacks.
http://myspace.com/shrinkatottos

And this weekend I am singing for the 10 year Anniversary of the Madagascar Institue and Dark Passages!!
http://www.madagascarinstitute.com/anniversary.html


Next month save the dates:
June 4 at Pegasus more info tba
June 6 Biker Rally with Bag Lady Sue, benefit for Operation Troops Assist
June 8 with Patrick Arena and Mark Lucas , benefit for PFLAG at the Hard Rock Cafe
June 14 Pittsburgh Pride in the Streets
June 19 Shining All Star Awards at Altar Bar , benefit for PERSAD
June 20 The New Hazlett Theater , 1st Video shoot for my new Webcast Variety Hour!!
June 27 Grand Midway Production of "A Midsummer Night's Dream" w/ cameo by Phat Man Dee
Ok, so it's not as sexy as bellydancers and sailing ships and drag queens and decadence, but meeting with local Move On members and Congressman Mike Doyle is pretty hot to me..... after I got back from playing with Peeka A Boo Revue in Philadelphia couple weeks back, I found myself invited as a member of the community and of Move On to Mike Doyle's office to discuss the environment.... Pretty rocking stuff..... If you're good I'll show you the outtakes with the aides....

No comments: