Wednesday, June 24, 2009

We are so blessed.....

We live in a country that has known violence and oppression, our people have been on both sides of the coin in many cases....but just recently we enjoyed a massive regime change, we witnessed and became real historical change, and we realized it in relative peace. This is not the case for our cousins in Iran. They are really in it right now, and as I write this blog / email to inform you of my next gigs over the week, I realize again, how blessed I feel that I am allowed to go off and do my shows and sing in public and not wear a chador or burka and just be a free woman. Pray for Iran, pray for the people, pray for the music, poetry and children of Iran. Below my show announcements I will include here a poem by my friend Murrie, he wrote it in response for what is happening in his home country.

This Saturday in Windber, PA , I join with Blair Murphy's production of "A Midsummers Night Dream" by Bill Shakespeare. We are performing it in front of his hotel , The Grand Midway, during Thunder in the Valley, a local biker rally also called The Windber Rumble...... I am playing "Fairy", it is a cameo role, and my first foray into the world of Shakespeare....

Here is an article about it from the Daily American:
http://www.dailyamerican.com/articles/2009/05/28/news/local/news693.txt

Showtime is 9 pm this Sat June 27 in front of the Grand Midway Hotel at Miner's Park.
1303 Midway, Windber, PA 15963
http://www.thecemetery.net/

Then next Thursday I am singing at Pegasus, showtime is 10:30 pm, 18 and over, $3, other performers tba.

And Friday, I don't know about you, but I am preparing for the End of the World, with my Subgenius brethren......
http://www.subgenius.com/bigfist/fun/devivals/12XDay/12X-Day.html

So I keep busy.... it's been a fascinating year so far. I just put two new videos online:
This is of a burn we held at Teppy's house in Wexford, me and all my local Burningman family and friends:


And then I made a video for Tommy Amoeba, please to enjoy:


And as promised, a poem written by my friend Murrie, The part on the left is Farsi as rendered with English letters phonetically, the words on the right are the English translation.

Mah Hasteem________________________We Are

Mah Hasteem________________________We Are
Bah Allah___________________________With God

Mah Bah Hameem_____________________We are Together
Too een Rah_________________________On this Road

Bah Ham Rah Mereem __________________We walk Together
Emrooz oh Fardah_____________________Today and Tomorrow

Mah Tahamol Kardeem _________________We have put Up
Tah Halla___________________________Until Now

Tah Halla ___________________________Until Now
Sedah Nah Dashdeem___________________We had no Voice

Halla az Fardah_______________________Now from Tomorrow
Nafass Mekhaeem Bekesheem_____________We want to Breath

Mekhaeem Zendeh Besheem______________We want to live Again
Faryad Bekesshem_____________________We Scream

Halla Sedah Dareem ____________________Now we have a Voice
Bahrah yeh Azadi______________________For Freedom

Faryad Meekesheem____________________We Scream
Barah yeh Azadi_______________________For Freedom

Juneh-moon rah Meedeem________________We will give our Lives
Barah yeh Azadi________________________For Freedom

Mah Hasteem_________________________We Are
Too een Rah__________________________On this Road

Bah Ham Rah Meereem__________________We walk Together
Emrooz oh Fardah______________________Today and Tomorrow

Mah Irooni Hasteem_____________________We Are Iranians
Zendeh Hasteem________________________We Are Alive

Tah Sedah Dareem______________________Until our last Voice
Bah Hameem__________________________We Are Together

Tah Azadi Nadareem_____________________Until we have Freedom
Fahdah Meesheem_______________________We will be Martyred

Mah Hasteem__________________________We Are

By Mehrdad Emamzadeh 6-21-09

Written in honor of Neda Soltan and other fallen Iranians protesting for Freedom in Iran.

No comments: