Wednesday, March 4, 2015

New Rewards on my Kickstarter! New Gigs Announced!

I swear to you, asking for help is the most humbling thing I have ever done. And then, receiving it, even more so. I am blessed with the love and support of some incredible fans. I am grateful to live in a world where so many kind people respect me and my work. I have raised over 1/3 of the monies I need to take my music to Europe and create a video document of the journey. I have invitations to sing with musicians, in clubs and festivals. I want to make a video web series of me singing on bridges across the world, to symbolize the connection our city has to the rest of the world as an international hub of art, music and culture and THE BRIDGES THEMSELVES! What doesn't say multi lingual jazz like singing on a bridge? Please, I still need a little help. Every little bit helps, and I have awesome rewards at all levels. I really want to sing to you from the Eiffel Tower. I really want to hand deliver a pie to your home with a song. Please be part of the magic and the project. Also, I should say, if I don't get all the money pledged, I don't actually get any of it.... Kickstarter won't charge anyone's card if the project doesn't get all the funding. I think I made a pretty reasonable budget, and I don't want to take half the $ I need to make it happen and then do the project half way, I want to make it happen right, for real for true. Please donate what you can and please share it around. I didn't become Phat Man Dee all by my lonesome, I became Phat Man Dee because of the wonderful people I have known in my life who helped me get here. Thank you. 

kickstarter link: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/402781557/help-phat-man-dee-get-outta-tahn-and-document-the
facebook event page for fundraiser link: https://www.facebook.com/events/1459809560906487/


Future gigs to keep in mind:

Sunday March 15, 2015 The 20th Annual Ides of March March


Meet 6 pm at Birmingham Square in South Side, S. 12th and E Carson, parade to 21st St, cross street, come back down the other side! This year marks the twentieth annual Ides of March March.... For the past twenty passings of our planet, our giant communal space ship, around our sun, we, artists, freaks, clowns of every ilk, sideshow marvels, dancers and mad blue bakers, we have marched through our neighborhood to warn the good people of South Side of Pittsburgh, PA that we, the Ides of March March, are ever watchful of our own return. Please join us this in this historically lacksadaisacal insistence that we are who we say we are! Put on the dog and let the horns be heard high, we are, and have been and this year we shall continue to be the one and only (except for the one in Phili and we are gonna try to have a virtual satellite feed of their parade to ours, kinda like in that one South Park episode where Kenny had to stay at the video staore so the others taped an ipad to a stick and brought his head trick or treating with them? kind of like that) 20th Annual Ides of March March! 6 pm! Sunday March 15! South 12th and E Carson St at Birmingham Square! Sahs Side! Bring drums! Sidewalk floats! We're on the sidewalk, not the street...remember, this is happening for no particular reason at all..... it's just exactly what it is..... 


Saturday March 21, 2015 
Winterstar Ball : A memorial to Jeff Rosenbaum 
The WinterStar Ball is a fund raising event to honor the life and legacy of Jeff Rosenbaum. The money raised will be utilized to place a headstone at his grave site. Any funds raised that exceed the cost of the headstone will be put towards the continuing vitality of the Starwood Festival which is the enduring legacy of Jeff's life work. Come be a part of something quite special! There will be workshops, live music, a psychic fair and merchants catering to many specialties. 
https://www.facebook.com/events/524968607642338/

Also dave these April dates, more info to come! 
Monday April 6, 2015 
B-Pep Annual Fundraiser tix $50, jazz jam session featuring over 50 of the regions finest jazz players in one room at one time! More info tba! 

Thursday April 23, 205
Unity Concert at Altar Bar! 
Produced by Pittsburgh Artists for Social Change and Drusky Entertainment! 
All proceeds to benefit Afro American Music Institute and Hosanna House! More info tba! 

Thank you for your time, you art, your love, yor support, your life, just being on the planet with oyu, there is so much happening, some good, some bad, some really bad.... and I feel blessed to just know we are here and doing everything we can to leave this world a better place then we found it. 
One love,
Mandee

PS My kickstarter....OMG PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!! WHY DID I DO THIS? IT IS TERRIFYING AND I SHOULD HAVE JUST BECOME A LAWYER OR A VULCAN LKE I MEANT TO DO WHEN I WAS YOUNG CUZ THEN I COULD HAVE EITHER JUST PAID MY OWN WAY OR STOLEN A STARSHIP AD GONE THERE MYSELF!!!!!!!

PPS Rest with God Mr. Nimoy, you were an inspiration and a mensch. 

No comments: